APH-6 Helmet

tonycretan

This is a specially decorated USN APH-6 flight helmet.The most interesting thing about this helmet is that it has a USAF EF-111A Raven unit's (388th Electronic Combat Squadron) sticker on the visor shield. USN had a single USAF Electronic Warfare Officer assigned to USN EA-6B Prowlers as a long standing exchange tour service, so EWO Morgan was most probably serving in VAQ-129 (NAS Whibdey Island) during 1981-82, when 388th ECS was activated at Mountain Home AFB with EF-111A Ravens. During 1977-79 388th was flying with F-111A Aardwarks. On the port side is a taped sword emblem, so I guess this helmet has VAQ-129 Vikings markings because VAQ-129 was a training squadron for USN and USMC EA-6B Prowler squadrons during that time.
(from my collection)

post-159727-0-34883100-1471013415_thumb.jpg

northcoastaero

Nice APH-6D or APH-6DL helmet. I am almost certain that the MS-22001 mask would use a mini-regulator with a lower high pressure REDAR

hose with a locking connector in the EA-6B Prowler aircraft.

Nice APH-6D or APH-6DL helmet. I am almost certain that the MS-22001 mask would use a mini-regulator with a lower high pressure REDAR

hose with a locking connector in the EA-6B Prowler aircraft.

You are right! Unfortunately i don't have an MS-22001 oxy mask with REDAR hose so i had to use one without it in order to take these shots.I do have though a couple of MBU-14 masks with the Redar hose attached :)

• 2 months later...