House to House

lytec

Hello all. I have just finished reading House to House and loved it. Thought it was well written. Are there any similar books about Afghanistan or Iraq people would recommend

The best War book I've ever read is by Medal of Honor recipient Clinton Romesha titled "Red Platoon". I couldn't put it down and his storytelling was absolutely amazing.

Great book. David Bellavia's graphic and accurate descriptions of urban warfare are sobering.

I'd also recommend these works regarding Fallujah: O'Donnell's "We Were One", a nonfiction account of Marine Corps infantrymen, Lima Co. 3/1, taking down jihadists and insurgents alike in Fallujah. Danelo's "Blood Stripes: The Grunts View on the War in Iraq", features narratives from the 2003 "Push" and operations in Al Anbar Province. And lastly not but excluding some other fine pieces of work out there is Evan Wright's "Generation Kill". Easily one of the best books I've ever read.

Charlie Flick

Hey:

Funny, but I thought your post was about "House to House" written by Keith Nolan. It was an excellent work on the VC attacks in the Cholon District in Saigon after the Tet Offensive and the 9th IDs grinding urban battle there. Same name, different war.

House.House1.jpg

I was not familiar with Bellavia's book of the same name. Guess I will have to pick that one up, too.

Regards,

Charlie

• 2 weeks later...
Charlie Flick

Just finished House to House based on the recommendations here. It was a harrowing, vivid, profane and extremely graphic account of the second battle of Fallujah as told by an Army mechanized infantryman. Anyone wanting a first hand account of that rugged urban fight should read this one first.

House to House.jpg

Regards,

Charlie