B-24 Bomber Composite Wiring Diagram C-1 Autopilot Installation

devincu

This wiring diagram was purchased at a vets estate who served in the Air Force from WWII thru Vietnam. My question is this for a B-24 Liberator and what era would it be? I dont see a date on the schematic at all.

Thanks,

Devin

post-59872-0-20628500-1470194300_thumb.jpg

I'm not an expert on this but...the C-1 Autopilot and it's related "formation stick" (a separate assembly that either the pilot or co-pilot could engage to lessen the load of flying tight formation over extended periods of time) likely had their initial (production) installations in both B-24s and B-17s in the back half of 1942. Diagrams in the maintenance manuals would have preceded that. The flight manuals for earlier versions of the B17 and B24 could be used to verify that.

The C-1 was also used in the B-29, B-50 and B-36. Don't know about the B-32...but it was likely installed in that aircraft too.

I'm not an expert on this but...the C-1 Autopilot and it's related "formation stick" (a separate assembly that either the pilot or co-pilot could engage to lessen the load of flying tight formation over extended periods of time) likely had their initial (production) installations in both B-24s and B-17s in the back half of 1942. Diagrams in the maintenance manuals would have preceded that. The flight manuals for earlier versions of the B17 and B24 could be used to verify that.

The C-1 was also used in the B-29, B-50 and B-36. Don't know about the B-32...but it was likely installed in that aircraft too.

Thank you very much for the info....I have six of these and they are fairly large and I'm not sure what to do with them. I thought I might put one in a frame and hang it on the wall in my "War Room".