M1 carbine question not KW mod

phantomfixer

phantomfixer

My buddy is selling his Inland M1 Carbine...long distance ...and I might be interested...he said it has a cut down barrel...so I was not enthused...but this is the pic he sent...looks good to me...the front band is different with the screw on the side...not the bottom...appears to be missing the sling loop...any red flags?? Does not look cut down to me...

sorry for the crappy pics

post-155518-0-57553900-1470188051.jpg

post-155518-0-43314600-1470188057_thumb.jpg

Looks like it is missing sling swivel but rest from pics look good. This is easily replaced

Doesn't look cut down, it appears to have some early features but looks pretty good

You should get more pics, maker, if high wood or low wood, markings on the stock but looks good so far.

Im no carbine expert but I would buy that baby in a minute

Did your friend indicate a date on the barrel by the site?

I agree with Mike it don't look shortened by the picture if the date is there Im thinking it not messed with?

phantomfixer

Thanks guys...has an Inland receiver and looks like a 42 dated General Motors barrel...we are trying to come up with a fair price for it...plan is to buy this one

post-155518-0-42574500-1470226129.jpg

post-155518-0-54475500-1470226135.jpg

everforward

Looks okay from what I can see. Post some more pics if you can, looks like you have a pretty early one. there will be other identifying features.

Here is a pic of my Inland, summer 1943....it hardly ever sees the light of day. I'll have to take better pics too, LOL

post-8237-0-84142700-1470230294_thumb.jpg

Dirt Detective

Try and get some good pic's around the rear site and check the stake marks...if its good offer $1000, It is easy a $1500 rifle if not more...If it passed inspection I would pay $2000 easy.

everforward

Very nice carbine EF...if it is delivered in to my hands, I will post pics

Cool, I hope you get it. Very curious about the wood in general, but all of it really.

Dirt Detective

Nice 5 digit inland. Worth $1k if mostly original. Need more close ups

It's worth $2000 if all original That's what I would pay for it. Been lookin for a 42 for years.

There was a nice range of carbines at the KC gunshow and didnt see any leaving the tables at $1100.00 or so.Several were early type, good markings, less common makers etc.

It's worth $2000 if all original That's what I would pay for it. Been lookin for a 42 for years.

That's crazy money, now if it was Rockola, Winchester or IP, maybe....

Could be a left coast thing I guess. :blink:

everforward

I recently saw with my own eyes an all-original (with bona fides) Irwin Pedersen Carbine sell at a local auction for $10K. Yes, $10K..... It's the only one I've ever seen that I'd feel comfortable owning.

If you come across an all-original carbine that's early (high wood, I-cut stock etc..) that is in 98% or better condition, $2000-$2500 is what it will take in most cases. Condition is everything, though.

Crispy ones bring the premium prices.

Dirt Detective

That's crazy money, now if it was Rockola, Winchester or IP, maybe....

Could be a left coast thing I guess. :blink:

Left Coast? :mellow: But yea Calif is screwed up if that makes you feel better.

I have been collecting M1 Carbines over 40 years and I know how rare all original early carbines are no matter the maker. If this is all matching..I would pay $2500 Not a left coast thing...just a rare thing. I remember when a WWII fixed bail with a WWII USMC camo cover went for $90...I also remember when this was a $350 rifle.

I have seen nice original high wood stock sets sell for $600...

Dirt Detective

If you come across an all-original carbine that's early (high wood, I-cut stock etc..) that is in 98% or better condition, $2000-$2500 is what it will take in most cases. Condition is everything, though.

Crispy ones bring the premium prices.

Yup...if you get it cheaper your just lucky. I found an all original saginaw at a local gun shop for $650..worth much more just got lucky. :)

Dirt Detective

I guess I need to start taking bids on mine

If serious let me know...If your 11-42 is all orig and un messed with $2000 you said they were stayin on the table for $1100... let me know where to send the M.O. :D

If serious let me know...If your 11-42 is all orig and un messed with $2000 you said they were stayin on the table for $1100... let me know where to send the M.O. :D

The ones I saw were at the KC gunshow last week end.Outwardly they looked early.Various makers.I didnt bother to pick them up seeing the price.Then theres the issue if they are "restored" to original configuration or if they are as found ?

There was a Rem-Rand 45 auto in the Kraft box there that looked unissued for $1450.I dont recall it selling.Some were much higher for lesser condition.The Early 45s were Disneyland price.Same ones that were there a year and two years ago unsold

Doyler, that looks pretty sweet.

Thanks

I have never had it torn clear down.It works for my level of intrest and collecting.

Hope this will help Phantomfixer when hes looking over thecarbine hes getting.