AEF Service Coat & Summer Service Coat, 185th Aero Squadron

Infidelparatrooper

Infidelparatrooper

I just picked this up a few days ago and have been dying to share it here. These are my 185th Aero Squadron tunics that I recently picked up. The 185th was the AEF's only night fighter squadron of the war. I dont really collect Aero Squadron stuff but ive been wanting one of these for a while now since my great grandfather was in this unit. I have some of my great grandfathers stuff but no one knows where is uniform went. For your viewing pleasure is Corporal Francis R. Butler's uniform. I hope the seller doesn't mind i used a couple of their pictures.

If anyone could provide me with more information on these to individuals it would be appreciated. Ive only had limited success on fold3.

Francis R. Butler 253037

Arthur W. Smith 253133 (My great grandfather)

post-162229-0-22180200-1470179476.jpg

• 1 year later...

Now, THIS would make me start collecting Aero items. Super!

I just recently picked up an estate item.....a named WWI Aero Squadron Footlocker/trunk with super graphics. Want to keep it but it will probably be on my table at the Raleigh Show next month. Oh well. Can't keep it all....says my wife.

I really like the family connection also! I've collected WWI id'd groups since 1980 and never ran into this one! Does anyone else know more of the details about the 185th AS success during the war? Thanks for sharing this new treasure from your long haul collection! I'm glad you grabbed it!

David

Wonderfully rare and unusual Air service uniforms. Hope we learn more about the 185th Aero Squadron. Thanks for sharing! Bobgee

Infidelparatrooper

Now, THIS would make me start collecting Aero items. Super!

I just recently picked up an estate item.....a named WWI Aero Squadron Footlocker/trunk with super graphics. Want to keep it but it will probably be on my table at the Raleigh Show next month. Oh well. Can't keep it all....says my wife.

The summer/cotton tunic is for sale and i'm local in North Carolina. Not far from Raleigh.