Beret, Green - 12th Special Forces 1969

GeneralLucas

GeneralLucas

I recently obtained this Green Beret with a broken distinctive insignia as I can not believe the DI was modified. But even though the beret was made in 1969, is the flash of that period? I have seen several variations of this flash. Also, it appears the 12th was in Viet Nam but only on a small scale, Am I correct? Or did they have a large amount of troops deployed there? Also, if you have a Special Forces DI made by N.S. Meyer with a M9 maker mark, I would like to purchase it from you. Thanks for help with these questions. Gen. Lucas

post-1658-0-42623800-1470170085.jpg

post-1658-0-65675900-1470170122.jpg

I recently obtained this Green Beret with a broken distinctive insignia as I can not believe the DI was modified. But even though the beret was made in 1969, is the flash of that period? I have seen several variations of this flash. Also, it appears the 12th was in Viet Nam but only on a small scale, Am I correct? Or did they have a large amount of troops deployed there? Also, if you have a Special Forces DI made by N.S. Meyer with a M9 maker mark, I would like to purchase it from you. Thanks for help with these questions. Gen. Lucas

That flash was authorized in 1972. The 12th, a USAR (or any other USAR/ARNG SF Grp) unit was not activated for Vietnam. 12th Grp was headquartered in Illinois. Originally in Chicago, then Arlington Heights, and then in Oak Park.

Correction to above. Chicago (61), then in Oak Park (64), and then Arlington Heights in 70. The had units located in many states.