New Project- M1917 Browning HMG (Tunisia, 1943)

Ronny67

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

School happened. Senior year, 400 pages of reading a week for my History degree. No time for fun right now.

I promise I will update when I have something to report.

Apologies to all those left hanging.

Backtheattack

Ronny67, thank`s for this thread. Because of the new law in Europe dealing with demilled original weapons model weapons are a legal alternative. EU government try to restrict ownership of demilled former original weapons as an answer to terrorist attacks. So the way you build this model is very interesting.

• 4 months later...

It looks real good and weighs about 10 pounds so far. One of my big concerns is strength, so everything is over built. High stress areas are metal or Oak.

Sorry Robin, the front sight got broke off a few months ago when the barrel assy was kicking around my closet. A new one is on the list...

post-153625-0-93208900-1488407652_thumb.jpg

It looks so good... If only it functioned too... Hey? Whats this? A spring loaded cover catch that functions just like the original? What does this do?...

post-153625-0-73311600-1488407832_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Added extractor assembly, made from aluminum and painted for now. The whole thing will get painted the same color when it is finished.

post-153625-0-03627700-1491000721_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Been doing lots of work on the M1917. I will post photos soon.

However, I have a question for the community: What is the length of the M23 "Beer Can" flash hider?

I plan on making an M23 for my build. Any specifications or photos would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

post-153625-0-72706700-1499733810.jpg