Aircraft part to identify

usaaf93

hbtcoveralls

No idea but I doubt it's worth 100.00 without being able to trace it to a specific aircraft. I'd look for any part numbers that might be stamped on it. Using the prefix to the part number you can sometimes determine the correct type of aircraft. But without the Aircraft S/N you can't really chase it to a specific AC.

Tom Bowers

Hi:

Maybe I'm missing something but...what is in the photo appears to be a lid for a relay and fuse box. Such equipment is sometimes mounted on a firewall (of the engine compartment) or in a wheel well.

This is not at all in my wheelhouse, but I found the device in post #6 on this website (compassmuseum.com), about halfway down the page. You can press control+f and then type in "I-82" and the page will take you to it. The page has info on what the part is, but not what aircraft it was used in. Hope I could help, good luck identifying the part!

phantomfixer

if spare fuses for a radio...would think it would be located near the radio/radio operator, for access in flight

and the one decal is a reference to the hydraulic accumulator...most likely in the fuselage area too...neat item from a multi engine aircraft...would be nice to know...one for teamski....

My father went to pick it up today. I will get it in two weeks and I will try to clean the dirt out of the back.

The guy may have other aviation stuffs. My father has to come back next week.

Thanks for your answers so far. I hope we can identify it.

Its hard to tell what aircraft it goes to but, correct me if im wrong the I-82-A Radio Indicator basically used radio signals to give a heading in that direction the signal was being transmitted from. I believe it used those as way points, kinda like a VOR indicators in a aircraft today.

Here is a link that talks about how they used radio transmission in aircaft during the war.

http://www.rkk-museum.ru/documents/archives/images/52b-45-03.pdf

phantomfixer

similar to the VOR..this gauge would use both UHF and VHF, IIRC, where the VOR is only VHF...nice thing about VOR is the To/from feature...Strawberry Bitch could have used that feature...

hopefully the panel will cleanup...

• 2 weeks later...

i'm not a expert in the electrical field but, it looks like it might be a 2 Engine Aircraft, the relay shows "ING" with 2 relay points.

Thanks for your answer