Interim Flight Surgeon Wings

Aussie-Wings

Hi,

These are from my collection. I believe that these are intrim wings ( between WW2 and current style) and used for a short time (3-4 years) in the early 1950's. I really love the unusual GEMSCO hallmark on the back (haven't seen this style before. They are 3 inches long and are of two peice construction.

Cheers,

AW.

post-4136-1221867830.jpg

Thanks John,

I do like variations in Hallmarks, and I have collected wings based on their hallmark. I have a nice 2" Liaison Pilot wing by Assman that I will post when I get the chance. I especially like the Vanguard V1 Eagle hallmark, I have a few of those on various wings.

Have you come across this GEMSCO style before?

Cheers,

AW.

Nice set of wings! Do you collect marker mark variations as a subset of wing collecting?

John

AW - the Assman is interesting since I know lots of folks like their Luft badges... I have seen some nice Assman made wings but have yet to buy one. I look forward to seeing it.

I only collect variations from one maker which is a fun subset to collect. I agree with you on the Vanguard hallmark it does look nice. The GEMSCO I have see before most recently on insignia boxes. If I recall they use a white logo on a blue box at least for some insignia.

Cheers

John