Continental Society Sons Of Indian Wars

KevinBeyer

To the best of my ability to determine, the Continental Society Sons of Indian Wars is a defunct hereditary organization whose membership criterion was as follows:

"limited to male descendants, sixteen years of age and older, of those Native and/or Immigrant Americans who participated, in any capacity, in actual hostilities, one against the other, at any time during the period 1607-1900. Eligibility shall be based upon lineal descent. Collateral descent shall be considered provided that the ancestor in question died without issue".

While their membership badge appears to be heavily inspired by the Order of the Indian Wars, that organization already has accommodations for hereditary membership. Yet, it is hard to ignore the same ribbon and pendant design when compared to the Order of Indian Wars. Surely the must have been related.

CSSIW_BBB_1000.jpg

The above badge was manufactured by Bailey, Banks, and Biddle.

CSSIW_BBB_mark_1000.jpg

Thanks for the effort. I knew of the Daughters organization, but I don't have an example of their badge. If I can get an example, or an image of an example, of their badge, I will start a new thread. Or, if anyone else can, please be my guest.

The above Continental Society Sons of Indian Wars membership badge did not come named, or numbered. So, it is untraceable.

-Kevin