WWI 1st Infantry Division Grouping

Austin R

Today, I stopped in one of my local shops and asked if they had any military items. The owner said that they haven't gotten anything in, but told me to look around. As I was leaving empty handed, she stopped me and told me she did have a "suit from WWI." She then pulls this uniform out of a paper bag and told me she also had photos in the back. Needless to say, I came home with everything.

This group belonged to Edwin Beidler who served in 1st Engineer Regiment and came straight from his daughters estate. The uniform is in good shape, but missing a few buttons and the photos are nicely framed.

HDDslj9.jpg

Wow, wonderful grouping! I especially like the patch. Keep it together, it is supposed to be together.

Thank you everyone for the comments. I found out he was buried a few miles from my town and I plan on visiting his grave.

Wow, wonderful grouping! I especially like the patch. Keep it together, it is supposed to be together.

I'm planning on keeping it together. I was originally going to leave the yard longs, but I got her to give me a better price on them.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I finally got around to doing a little bit of research on Beidler. I haven't come up with much, but I stumbled across a photo of him in the same uniform posted above. I've had many uniform groupings, but rarely have I found a photo of the soldier in the exact uniform.

post-51120-0-40023800-1544223868.png