Mel Gibsons new WWII movie- Hacksaw ridge

Looks pretty cool and based on a real story.

Mr.JERRY

My new book on the History of the US Service Flag is available now- contact me directly for a signed copy

https://www.elmgrovepublishing.com/in-the-service-of-our-country

Collector of WWI & WWII Home Front Flags, Unit Flags & Guidons, US & German helmets, insignia, uniforms, medals,

Women's Military Uniforms, Wisconsin Vocational School made Fighting Knives.

Military Collectibles Shop Owner & Dealer in everything else~!

Check out our Facebook page for updates and the latest Shop news!:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-Collectibles-Shop/171226792906875
Visit our website (and visit our shop if you are ever near Milwaukee, WI USA)
http://www.militarycollectorsHQ.com

See what Mr.Jerry has on eBay this week:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/mr.jerry/m.html?_ipg=200&_sop=1&_rdc=1

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man... If the Indianapolis movie comes out in November, might just be a good month!

Looking for the following:

452nd and 447th Bomb Group items

Anything 12th Armored- especially uniforms

155th Assault Helicopter Company, Camp Coryell, or Ban Me Thuot Vietnam items[/center]

WWII US Navy Uniforms from the Battle Off Samar: USS Johnston DD-557, USS Hoel DD-553, USS Samuel B. Roberts DE-413, USS Heermann DD-532, USS Dennis DE-405, USS John C. Butler DE-339, USS Raymond DE-341, USS Fanshaw Bay St. Lo, White Plains, Kalinin Bay, Kitkun Bay and Gambier Bay...

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2019.gif

Looks like it might be worth the price of admission

Looking for: Fourth/ Seventh Rhode Island Infantry items

Purple Heart : Robert L. Freitag KIA ETO 2/11/45

Any US/German items with the last name "Freitag"

also, war-related posters

donation2013.gif

The Pacific sure nailed that... I felt like the rain was driving me nuts as well on new britain and okinawa.

Those guys seem to be missing some ponchos

Looking for the following:

452nd and 447th Bomb Group items

Anything 12th Armored- especially uniforms

155th Assault Helicopter Company, Camp Coryell, or Ban Me Thuot Vietnam items[/center]

WWII US Navy Uniforms from the Battle Off Samar: USS Johnston DD-557, USS Hoel DD-553, USS Samuel B. Roberts DE-413, USS Heermann DD-532, USS Dennis DE-405, USS John C. Butler DE-339, USS Raymond DE-341, USS Fanshaw Bay St. Lo, White Plains, Kalinin Bay, Kitkun Bay and Gambier Bay...

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2019.gif

Looks like a really good film. I'm really looking forward to the release

Collecting WWI 26th Division Machine Gun and Infantry related Helmets, Equipment, Groupings, Photos and Dog Tags!

donation2015.gif

Looks like a great tribute film to a great American hero! Any late news on the Spielberg 8th AF film? Bobgee

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif
"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (Message sent by 1st Lt. Clifton B. Cates. USMC, 96th Co., Soissons, 19 July 1918 - later 19th Commandant of the Marine Corps 1948-1952)

I had to Google the award as well to see who the movie was about. We all know a few medics in WW2 were awarded this and that many soldiers feel their unit medics deserved one, as well.

The funny thing about this trailer was while I was watching it, I thought, "people are gonna go nuts, as there are no Marines in a PTO movie!" I always like to remind folks there were far more Army personnel in the PTO than Marines...

Lee Bishop Formerly known as "Ratchet 5" with the 2nd Infantry Division (yes, in REAL life)

US WW2 War Correspondent collector

Looks very promising, and unless it's like a completely rediculous premise like GI's vs. Hitler's Zombies, I'm usually every happy to see WWII period piece movies come out.

506th Fighter Group Historian

Interested in all items relating to the 7th AAF, especially those of the VLR P-51 Pilots of the 15th, 21st, and 506th Fighter Groups.

donation2016.gif

I had to Google the award as well to see who the movie was about. We all know a few medics in WW2 were awarded this and that many soldiers feel their unit medics deserved one, as well.

The funny thing about this trailer was while I was watching it, I thought, "people are gonna go nuts, as there are no Marines in a PTO movie!" I always like to remind folks there were far more Army personnel in the PTO than Marines...

I hear you. When we do an Army 25th Infantry division pacific reenacting impression at our Reading WWII weekend, I can't tell you how many people come by and see the bamboo and go "Oh cool...Marines!" Argh. Drives me up a wall!!

506th Fighter Group Historian

Interested in all items relating to the 7th AAF, especially those of the VLR P-51 Pilots of the 15th, 21st, and 506th Fighter Groups.

donation2016.gif

The story of Desmond Doss has always been on my top 3 US war movies which have not yet been made....

Devil at My Heels, the story of Louis Zamperini (1956) - released as Unbroken (one down)

The Unlikeliest Hero, the story of Desmond Doss (1967) - to be released as Hacksaw Ridge (second in production)

Now to get Hollywood's attention to this WWI gem on it's upcoming Centennial .....

Prisoner of the U-90 by Edouard Viktor Michel Izac (1919)

Now to get Hollywood's attention to this WWI gem on it's upcoming Centennial .....

Prisoner of the U-90 by Edouard Viktor Michel Izac (1919)

Y'know, with the centennial of WW1,

is apparently the only movie Hollywood is doing right now:

Lee Bishop Formerly known as "Ratchet 5" with the 2nd Infantry Division (yes, in REAL life)

US WW2 War Correspondent collector

• 4 weeks later...