Recent Army/AAF patch aquisitions

Dakota

A good friend of mine bought some patches from a yard sale a while back and mentioned them to me and I picked out a few and ended up getting all of them :lol:

In all, I was able to pick up 6 31st ID Patches, 2 8th ID Patches (One of which is kinda grubby), a 7th AAF, 2 AAC/AAF Patches, and the best of all was the Italian-Made Bullion MAAF Patch. The shield-shaped Black, Red, and Yellow patch I don't know what it is, could be foreign.

The 8th ID, 7th AAF, and the AAC/AAF Patches are abit grubby and I was curious what the best way is to clean them.

Thanks

D

post-34988-0-13236900-1469593874.jpg

vintageproductions

The black shield shaped patch, on top row at the end, is made for kid's toy green berets in the 1960's.

If they are just "grubby" or dirty (and not with glue), I would leave them as they are. They have a more vintage look this way.

H.

The black shield shaped patch, on top row at the end, is made for kid's toy green berets in the 1960's.

Didn't know that, thanks for the info. I tried to look it up but couldn't find any pictures, got any on hand?

Thanks

D

If they are just "grubby" or dirty (and not with glue), I would leave them as they are. They have a more vintage look this way.

H.

Yeah I know what you mean, I'm still interested in trying to clean the patches up and preserve them as best as possible.

Thanks

D

Yeah I know what you mean, I'm still interested in trying to clean the patches up and preserve them as best as possible.

Thanks

D

Don't use detergents or any washing powders...

Let it soak in eau de Cologne ("water of Cologne") during one night (in a covered jarr, to avoid escaping the alcohol), and rinse it afterwards under warm (not hot) water. It will be OK.

H.