2nd Rangers and Corcorans

arnhem44mad

arnhem44mad

Does anyone know thr true story behind Rangers and Corcorans during the Second World War?

I have read a few books that mention that the 2nd and 5th both received them.

I have read a thread on here that said that it was only D Company.

I have heard talk that none reveived them?

Does anyone have an actual answer?

Thanks, Scott

Government Issue

Both the 2nd and 5th were fully outfitted with para boots by the time D-Day occurred. D Company of 2nd Bn was under order to wear jump boots for June 6th. Whether or not all the men followed that is questionable. The other companies comprising 2nd Bn mostly wore reverse uppers with cut down leggings. Supposedly most of the guys didn't want to mess them up as they wore them with their dress uniforms and didn't want their "dress" boots getting dirty. However, they sure started wearing them in combat directly after D-Day. Film and photos support that. The 5th Bn wore a mix between the two and it's about 50/50 jump boots and reverse uppers with cut down leggings for D-Day. Like the 2nd following June 6th, they started to wear corcorans almost exclusively.

arnhem44mad

Ah brilliant thank you mate!

It was a fellow reenactor who reenacts the First Special Service Force who asked me and I gave them my evidence and I mentioned the many photos. He was however confident that all 6 Battalions did not receive them and he was not for listening haha!

Thanks again!

Scott