Rowland N. Hannon fantasy or real?

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

firefighter

Lots of corroborating evidence suggesting that it is real.

I'm not saying it isn't, as a mater of fact I suggest that in post #16.

firefighter

I was just answering the question in the title of the post.

Gotcha. I agree. There is way to much of a paper trail for a put together. It would be cool to see his 214.

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

So apparently the grouping appears legit since the family came calling. The thing's on ebay and I intend to keep it there although they can purchase it for less than the asking price by 20% if they act fast enough or are serious. Not being cold-hearted but if my stuff ended up with a collector then that means I didn't have an opportunity or didn't care to hand my stuff off to the family. If I sell the items to a collector/dealer then he has the option to buy/sell/trade if he wants. If I was independently wealthy it might be another story, but I'm not by any means.

Rock

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

Change of heart. I ended the auction early and the family and I are working on getting them the Group.

Here he is from their archives. Looks like early mid 1960's
msg-163217-0-87643700-1469619868.jpg

smwinter207

Good choice on working with the family. Build in the cost of what you deserve, and they will probably comply. I've done this twice, and everyone is usually very happy.

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

Thanks for the input guys and gals.

The Grouping was procured for the Family and will be shipped once they provide me their address.
The Veteran contacted me and stated that all of the items on the uniform are correct and he has his DD-214.
The only exception is that his records only show one PHM but that they Army SNAFU'd that.

I didn't get to hold that group very long but that's life.

Rocky

firefighter

Thanks for the input guys and gals.

The Grouping was procured for the Family and will be shipped once they provide me their address.

The Veteran contacted me and stated that all of the items on the uniform are correct and he has his DD-214.

The only exception is that his records only show one PHM but that they Army SNAFU'd that.

I didn't get to hold that group very long but that's life.

Rocky

Did you get the story on the Soldiers Medal?

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

Not sure what their state of mind is because it's tough when a guy and his family have to purchase items that were once within the family. Not sure as to the story of why the items were given away but now the family has a piece of his history and it'll hopefully never end up for auction again.

Rocky

• 2 weeks later...
ItemCo16527

Glad the grouping got back to the family. I'm even more glad, however, that he and his long-lost son were reunited after so many years. This has to be the most touching story I've ever seen here. Thanks for sharing this with us.

• 4 years later...

My father in-law who was the veteran of this grouping has since passed away this past year.  My husband was the recepient of this grouping.  He took it down to show his father and Mr. Hannon told us about every patch and every medal.  It was truly a treasure as my husband who found his father Mr. Hannon after being apart for 47 years.  This was truly a part of history but more importantly a part of history of his father who he got to know for short time before loosing him.  You will never know how grateful we were to find your page and to find this grouping.  God Bless!