Current Setup US Army ACH UCP/ACU

Eleven Benningsly

Eleven Benningsly

Here I have a fully set up ACH in the Universal Camouflage Pattern. This remains the same as worn through late Iraq and Mid-Afghanistan. Countless soldiers still have lids like this as the slow transition to OCP rolls on. These are not usually praised for being memorable or pretty because most lids are not decked out like this unless they are patched.

Here on an older MSA produced Green shell are:

PVS-7/14 USGI standard bracket stripped to bare metal as worn very recently.

USGI Norotos Made Rhino Arm.

ESS goggles with UCP Camo sleeve.

USGI retention straps

Cat Eyes band with name taped over.

Gentex Chin Strap latest model.

Universal Camouflage Pattern Helmet Cover.

Crye Precision Nape Pad in UCP.

Give it some love please.

post-161171-0-13732100-1469239608.jpg

post-161171-0-59476900-1469239616.jpg

post-161171-0-49910200-1469239623.jpg

These are not usually praised for being memorable or pretty because most lids are not decked out like this unless they are patched.

Some of my 'most memorable' lids are not 'extremely decked out'. One such is a guys that has the cateyes and rhino mount on his ACH, which he was wearing which his vehicle was struck by an EFP. Another one is a Marine helmet that the cover is torn to hell and has numbers written on it. This one was being worn during the offensive in Marjah Afghanistan when he was blown up by an IED. Patched covers are a bit harder to come buy, but more often than not you see them on pristine looking helmets, and not beat to hell, dirty, nasty, scummy, sandy helmets. Whats harder than that is to find one that still has the rhino mount as well as the cateyes with the guys info on it. A lot of times you will find a mix and match combination of various parts being removed, or a name being removed from the cateyes, but leaving the bloodtype.

I dont remember a single guy ever wearing that ACU dust cover on the goggles. In fact, the only guys that wore the goggles (and even then, not consistently) were the turret gunners in our Company. We ditched those covers, or just folded them back over the strap on one side.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk