VIETNAM POCKET HANGERS - CLOTH & METAL TYPES ALL BRANCHES

firefighter

FIREFIGHTER - YOU WIN! BUT I'LL ADD ONE I dont have an ID for this one so if anyone knows please share. Its SVN probably worn by US advisor.

post-1604-0-31902800-1469220879.jpg

firefighter

FIREFIGHTER - YOU WIN! BUT I'LL ADD ONE I dont have an ID for this one so if anyone knows please share. Its SVN probably worn by US advisor.

I seriously did not know how many I really had until I started taking pictures. I still feel like I missed 1 or 2.

firefighter

Great looking collection firefighter, I really like that VC-123 hanger!

Thank you. One of my favorites too. It's a big one.It was for Westmoreland's aircraft.

• 3 months later...

Here is one more made of paper encased in plastic. Given the nature of the unit it's a very appropriate medium to use.

264th Psyop Company.

post-1604-0-30185000-1479166251_thumb.jpg

Patchcollector

Here is one more made of paper encased in plastic. Given the nature of the unit it's a very appropriate medium to use.

264th Psyop Company.

Nice.I like the Psyop pieces.For those that don't know,"Litterbugs" refers to the distribution of propaganda pamphlets,usually by Aircraft.

• 1 month later...

Firefighter posted a pocket hangar (the one for Passenger - 8th Aerial Port Squadron) back on #7 here which somewhat closely resembles the one we were issued at Chanute AFB in 1965-66, for the a/c maintenance squadron patch which appears to the left here as my USMF avatar.

I am uncertain how frequently pocket hangars were issued to USAF personnel, but for sure I wore one as described.

Mine was not cut, shaped nor sewn to conform with the shape of the patch. It was essentially the squadron patch sandwiched and heat-sealed in between 2 rectangular pieces of heavy vinyl.