Antique store find

Found this helmet in an antique store today for $60. The shell is a rear seam swivel bail sewn chin strap in mint condition with old style hook. The liner, is a Westinghouse with a near perfect retention and original headband that has a little sweat. The leather chinstrap has rotted away and the nape strap is missing. The only flaw is that someone painted the outside of the liiner a dark royal blue.

I had stopped by earlier and the store was closed and almost didn't go back. We were driving around later and something told me to stop by, glad I did.

2ccwcut.jpg

Visit my eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/crustyw4scorner/

35lyhcy.gif2d29461.gifixd2rm.gif

Found this helmet in an antique store today for $60. The shell is a rear seam swivel bail sewn chin strap in mint condition with old style hook. The liner, is a Westinghouse with a near perfect retention and original headband that has a little sweat. The leather chinstrap has rotted away and the nape strap is missing. The only flaw is that someone painted the outside of the liiner a dark royal blue.

I had stopped by earlier and the store was closed and almost didn't go back. We were driving around later and something told me to stop by, glad I did.

2ccwcut.jpg

NICE FIND HAWK! thumbsup.gif

Regards,

Michael Sweeney--Researcher and Collector of WW2 77TH Division

If you have any named items to a 77th Division Soldier please contact me!!!

In memoroy of my Grandfather

Eugene Henry Sweeney

1st Lieutenant of the 306th

Infantry Regiment Company L -

Veteran of Guam and Leyte

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

I had a similiar experience, but I waited for them to open and I found a mint early WWII US M1917A1 helmet for $40

Now I just have to find a way to get it home. I am down here in Texas doing hurricane duty and we are limited on packing space. I have already thrown half my underwear away to make room!

Dude, stuff it in yer helmet bag!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time to downsize! I'm selling off a large portion of my collection. Message me for the most up to date list of items.

I have American and foreign; Army, Air Force, and Navy; Span-Am War to current; mostly originals but some reproductions.

Always looking for numbered Purple Hearts and Silver Stars. Message me if you have any, maybe we can make a deal.

Looking for Purple Heart number 172669.

i would wear it home, just a heavy sun hat lol, i take it your in the military doing hurricane duty? got any modern helmet covers you could slap on it?, oh and dont worry bout your underwear if you turn it inside out you can get a few more days out of it lol hapy0004.gif

• 4 weeks later...

if you want to get the royal blue paint of basically i just used sandpaper on mine and it worked great did not scratch it up at all

2ccwcut.jpg

Nice find!! thumbsup.gif

Looking for WWII, Nam items, Painted or Decaled Liners, and Military Pocket Bibles

My dog loves SPAM and snores like a drunken Sailor!

C Battery 2/32 FA BN

Sgt/E5

Giessen, Germany

1987-1990

remoteImage.gif

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gif