Movie: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Bob Hudson

I liked this one so much, we rented it twice. It's about war correspondents in Afghanistan after the media's attention had moved back to Iraq. Tina Fey, Martin Freeman and the rest of the cast do a great job and the movie does not really get into politics as one might expect from Hollywood.

KFC is based on former Chicago Tribune writer Kim Barker’s memoir, The Taliban Shuffle: Strange Days in Afghanistan and Pakistan, about her work as an embedded reporter.

The trailers portrayed it as a comedy but it has as much drama as comedy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AJivhl4uYA

Thank you for the reminder. The movie came and went and I missed it at the theater. Adding to NETFLIX list.

I enjoyed it as well.

A lot more dramatic substance to it than the trailer suggests.

Margot Robbie - soon to appear in the upcoming Suicide Squad - has a good role in this.

Characters have a few nice bits of dialogue that felt legit to a combat zone.

Rob L.

• 3 months later...

Thank you for the reminder. The movie came and went and I missed it at the theater. Adding to NETFLIX list.

I thought it was well done. A few Hollywood touches, but that is to be expected. Now I want to find the book it was based on.

• 1 month later...

I forgot about this movie. I think Tina Fey is a great actress, loved her in 30 Rock. Do you know if netflix this movie?

Netflix's dvd.com has this movie. I do not know about their live streaming service.