"Dunkirk" movie - Warner Bros - Christopher Nolan

antek

Hi guys

I will present some pictures of the « Dunkirk » movie during the filming. Sorry, it’s not an American story, but it’s producted by Christopher Nolan (Batman, Inception,…) and Warner Bros. I was lucky of being a walk-on role (Tommy soldier). The movie tells the Dynamo Operation in May-June 1940 at Dunkirk with loading of British and French troops after the deafeat of France Campaign.

Best regards,

Antek

13240110.jpg

source: Facebook page/Dunkirk movie

13312610.jpg

13567410.jpg

13339510.jpg

source: Facebook page/Dunkirk movie Vincent Villemaire

image110.jpg

img_2010.jpg

source: Julien Valcke

img_4710.jpg

13415410.jpg

Source: Didier HAU

Looking forward to seeing this movie as my grandfather was a captain in the British army and participated in the Battle of Dunkirk.

Welcome to the Forum antek, as a heads up, all Military and or Historical movies, T.V. series, Documentaries, past and present, foreign made or domestic made, from all time periods and about non American subjects as well are welcome in this Forum.

Whiskey for the gentlemen that like it and for the gentlemen that don't ..........Whiskey!

post-34986-0-95098900-1375505810.jpg

Looks good!

A handful of the English prop folks from Fury are working on this film. I had the pleasure of supplying the art department some repro British ration tins and various other repro canned goods for the film.

Looking forward to seeing this one!

Rob L.

• 4 months later...

Coming July, 2017:

I think this will be a tough one to watch... 400,000 men on an open beach subject to strafing runs and artillery.

I saw the first teaser trailer a while back and was immediately interested. From the look of it this could be quite the high quality and historically accurate type of movie collectors and historians appreciate.

• 4 months later...
falcon_ib

Looks great! love that they're using real planes for a lot of the aerial scenes too... cool to see Merlin Me-109s in the movies again

Charlie Flick

It does look worthwhile. I will see it when it comes out in July. The events leading up to Dunkirk were a disastrous defeat for Britain and France, but the evacuation was itself a victory of sorts. Many thousands of soldiers were saved to fight again.

Hollywood has addressed the Dunkirk story before. I am reminded of the 1942 motion picture Mrs. Miniver starring Greer Garson and Walter Pidgeon. It has a very moving story line on Dunkirk. Here is a link from the TCM.com website which shows the preparations of the civilian craft for the flotilla. It took a moment for it to load on my computer:

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/1111863/Mrs-Miniver-Movie-Clip-Your-Destination-Is-Dunkirk.html

By the way, Mrs. Miniver won six Academy Awards including Best Picture. As a warm up to the new Dunkirk I suggest that it would be worthwhile to see Mrs. Miniver.

Regards,

Charlie

• 2 months later...

Saw it today, good flick. Few things that may annoy some folks.

I like the way it was filmed in a non linear fashion which allows the viewer to see the same scene from different camera angles.

As far as a WW2 drama/action movie goes it was pretty good.

Just back from Dunkirk movie. I think it is quite good. You get to see the Dunkirk drama from three points of view: land, sea and air. I especially like the air scenes. Like 63 Recon stated there are a few annoying things. And towards the end of the film Hollywood kicks in but if you are interested in this part of WW2 i can recommend it.

Rene

The free world owes a lot to the fishermen and other small boat operators who answered the call to pull the troops off of the beaches. I'm looking forward to seeing this film also.

I'm planning on seeing it next weekend in IMAX as part of my birthday and can't wait! Im not into the current super heroes movies so it's great to see a movie im interested on the IMAX screen. Based on the reviews so far it's supposed to be a masterpiece. Some critics are even going as far to say that it's one of or the greatest war films ever made.

I saw it last night via IMAX.

NEGATIVE:

You have to know the history to understand the plot.

The storyline jumps all over the place.

The characters are not developed.

POSITIVE:

Cinematography and sound.