29th division 116th Infantry regiment - Omaha beach - Rifleman

antek

Hi guys,

I will present my mannequin. Twenty niner on the boat for Omaha beach (29th division 116th Infantry regiment). He is dessed by the famous assault jacket without his back pocket for the haversac (origin disjoint) discovered in Montbourg 20 years ago (Manche Normandy), he was the subject of a publication in the “Spearheading D-Day”. He has on his head the helmet discovered in St-Lô.

I hope you will enjoy

Regards,

Antek

sans_t18.jpg

sans_t17.jpg

sans_t15.jpg

dscf8111.jpg

sans_t16.jpg

Screamingeagles101

Looks amazing!

Love the helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great display antek. My father in law may have fought at St Lo alongside the man whose helmet you have there, as they were attached to the 29th from landing on Omaha through St Lo, and onward to Vire. They also were briefly with the 116th. Awesome.

Jumpin Jack

Extremely well done mannequin display! I especially like the manneguin itself as it really enhances the display. Jack

Thank you guys !!! 

:D

I put more photos of the helmet without the net

Regards,

Antek

dscf8112.jpg

sans_t19.jpg

Very nice antoine. Liked that one also on your display in saint lo 2 years ago!

Kind regards,

Stijn

thank you stijn :)

moreover, you can find a photos (29th display) of the exibition "the men of D-Day" in 2014. the exhibition prepared by my friends, father and me.

Antoine

29410.jpg

dscf8610.jpg

everforward

Yes, that's an outstanding display...!! A question: was the net and the scrim original to the helmet when it was found..?

no, there wasn't net and scrim.Today, I have changed the scrim to the good color( apple green) thanks to yannick ;)

Antoine

dscf8611.jpg

of courses pieter ^^

thank you johan

yes dav, Yannick (in excavation) and an other friend (in attic) have found out the helmets with apple green skrim

everforward

of courses pieter ^^

thank you johan

yes dav, Yannick (in excavation) and an other friend (in attic) have found out the helmets with apple green skrim

I think I have seen pics of the 115th infantry regiment wearing the helmet scrim, and if Yannick found some in his excavating most of those troops were 175th......

Ok, I think I remember seeing some in Yannicks digs. I also want to say some apple green helmets too?

thanks sundance

everforward: of course ;) the helmet of my friend was found near Percy in 115/175 sector :)

i don't have a picture on my lap top (i am in Paris actually). But I think there is a photo/movie (color) during the loading at porthmouth we can see an "apple green" scrim on the helmet ! (memory of engineers)

Very good to know. When I get a new 29th helmet eventually I might have to pick up some apple green skrim for it ;)