USMC shoulder boards Enlisted

dskjl

For more info on shoulder boards go to pages 10 and 113 in the USMC Eagle, Globe and Anchor Emblem 1868 to 1963 by Timothy Klie

So are you bragging? LOL. I would be too. There beautiful! Congratulations!

j

With some of the stuff guys post on this forum I fear we haven't got much to brag about. We are just the new proud owners with some homework to do so se we see what we bought LOL.

Thanks,

SgtMaddoxUSMC

Yeah you should mail them to me and I will put them on my uniform :P haha nice pick-up! Those things are beautiful!

Well, any uniform you find should already have the loops for attachment sewn on, unless they tore off. Your set is likely unissued

Here's a photo in my collection of these boards in wear...note the collar

7-24-2014 10;38;11 PM.JPG

teufelhunde.ret

Nice examples you have there. These and many other enlisted and officer examples from the era can be found on Tim Klie's 352 page book USMC "eagle, globe and anchor emblem 1868-1963" it contains thousands of color pics! AND the only book endorsed by Colonel John Driscoll!

If you want to purchase the book, contact Tim for an author copy at [email protected]

image.jpeg

Nice examples you have there. These and many other enlisted and officer examples from the era can be found on Tim Klie's 352 page book USMC "eagle, globe and anchor emblem 1868-1963" it contains thousands of color pics! AND the only book endorsed by Colonel John Driscoll!

If you want to purchase the book, contact Tim for an author copy at [email protected]

Thanks I just recieved signed copy 101, awesome book!

teufelhunde.ret

Thanks I just recieved signed copy 101, awesome book!

We thank you for the purchase and endorsement!

Here is a photo of my 1892 full dress. You will find the thick red worsted piping along the collar on these s well as the sewn in brass loops for attachment as Brig stated. This uniform is named and dated 1898. He was a ship board Marine Span Am war period. You have a nice set of boards with opposing ega's. For whatever reason, the right facing ega on these boards is scarce. You see a lot of left facing ega's and even original untouched uniforms with both left facing. It remains a bit of a mystery as to why that is, but again to find a pair of maker matching right and left facing boards is a nice thing nowadays. Kevin

post-21606-0-88329300-1468689016.jpg

post-21606-0-10471800-1468689025.jpg

Here is a photo of my 1892 full dress. You will find the thick red worsted piping along the collar on these s well as the sewn in brass loops for attachment as Brig stated. This uniform is named and dated 1898. He was a ship board Marine Span Am war period. You have a nice set of boards with opposing ega's. For whatever reason, the right facing ega on these boards is scarce. You see a lot of left facing ega's and even original untouched uniforms with both left facing. It remains a bit of a mystery as to why that is, but again to find a pair of maker matching right and left facing boards is a nice thing nowadays. Kevin

Wonderfull uniform thank you for sharing it. I have doing some reading and I agree it is odd about the left facing ega's.

How did you come a cross your uniform? It's really something!

Thanks.

Wonderfull uniform thank you for sharing it. I have doing some reading and I agree it is odd about the left facing ega's.

How did you come a cross your uniform? It's really something!

Thanks.

Glad you asked. I have collected militaria for almost thirty years now, pretty much anything WWII and older and from several nations. About six years ago, with a collection that had some nice Marine material but nothing major, I received a call from an antique dealer in a small town where my father in law lives. He said a grouping of Marine Corps items had walked in the store. He shared some photos, and I was the lucky one to acquire it. In addition to the uniform depicted above, I also obtained a rare 1883 pattern blue flannel campaign shirt that had been issued to the same Marine. These are the same shirts used by the Rough Riders in the Span Am war, and they were also issued to the Marines. These shirts are very hard to find as they were mostly used up during and after the war. I was actually more excited to get the shirt than the uniform at the time, although the uniform displays better. Anyway....I was hooked on USMC material from that point on and have really purchased nothing else since then. I have down sized the rest of the collection some in order to concentrate on the Corps. Good luck with your collection, once again, those are very nice boards. BTW, I see you are from Alaska. Just got back from a vacation there on Thursday-Denali, and Seward mainly. Gorgeous state! Kevin

Beautiful uniform...been looking for one for years, hopefully I stumble into one like you someday

Great pick up! Best of luck on the uniform hunt!

Thanks,

It looks like your basement continues to improve and impress. congrats on you recent promotion.