tiger stripe vest from the movie "Platoon"

FNG

FT.Monmouth1943

I think the jacket is a match. Not only does the pattern and patch placement match up, but if it was a fan mockup, why would they add the patch of the girls head on the back when it's not even shown in the movie? And before someone says whoever made it just felt like putting it on, here's a photo of one of the other actors in the same scene with a patch of an Indian head in the same construction

post-134998-0-50136500-1468527170.jpg

shawnmt6601

I just drove myself insane pausing my bluray copy and comparing it to the pictures in this thread

It looks the same to me,. If its not the exact same one then it was an extra made just in case the other one got messed up. I think its a match

Fender Rhodes

The actor on the right side of the picture in post #28 was a former ANGLICO Marine...I want to say his character's name was 'Huffmeister'.

• 1 year later...

I learned Chris Pedersen is really hard to contact. I was able to contact Mr. Galloti about the jacket and he says it appears to be the one Chris wore.
I'm hoping the Paul Sanchez Platoon documentary that comes out soon will have new behind the scenes pics.

Why dont you contact the production company to get the vest included in the show ?

owen

The Platoon documentary is already completed and titled Brothers in Arms, I think. I did contact Mr. Sanchez beforehand about the vest and sent him pics; he just thanked me for being a fan.

Oh, well. :rolleyes:

Oh well ,

At least you tried.

Rob Miller had a bunch of the uniforms for sale in his Burbank store, which is near the vendor Bob mentioned.

They were screen worn and in VERY bad shape and were marked like Bob stated.

One must remember Hollywood costume houses horse trade with each other and stuff ends up everywhere after a show, but its usually marked some way for inventory somewhere along the line.

owen

• 2 weeks later...

Posted Image

I was in Western costume the other day working on a project

Here’s how typical houses will tag inventory

Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

f3842fe8ad4a858d2e3dc074b182934a.png

I was in Western costume the other day working on a project

Heres how typical houses will tag inventory

Owen