Looking for a Aircraft tail number database/photo database?

wcdino685

Was hoping to find a website that logs this kind info, now I do have the research site for tail numbers, but not a place to put photos and names that are related to those aircraft. Since a lot of my research deals with bomber crews I figured I would put names to planes and what ever else I can if there is a website out there.

I think www.americanmuseum.com is the best place I have found so far, but I think its only WW2 aircraft.

Joe Baugher has a great site for Serial Numbers from 1908 to present.......I can't seem to paste the link but a Google search will surely find it for you.

This is a question somewhat related to the OP's, so this is a good place to ask it...

Does anyone know where or if there's a repository of original (or hard copy or negative or high-res scans) photos for the aircraft and/or crews? Some of the medals I'm writing about have computer-printed copies or digital copies of photos of the aircraft before, during, or after the aircraft went down. Unfortunately, most aren't of publishable quality, nor can I publish them without knowing where they were obtained. I've got a pretty good line on Navy/Marine Corps original photos, but AAF ones, not so much yet, and some of them are really poignant photos that would be really amazing to include in the book.

Thanks in advance for any direction you can give!

Dave

phantomfixer

The national Archives at Ft Belvoir will make copies of their records and send them to you......

I can't paste their website,, but google National Archives, Ft Belvoir

should be a Archives.gov website