G-1 Flight Jacket Question

JDubya

Hello All,

New member here with a question.

I recently acquired a G-1 Leather Jacket from an antique store in Alabama. It is a Brill Bros MIL-J 7823E AS, I believe made between 1968 and 1987.

Can anyone tell me what the other numbers on the tag mean? The second line is: 6415 00 268 7801 and the third is:

CLA 100-82-00564. Does the "82" mean it was made in 1982?

Also from scanning this forum I found the name of a Lady in Tennessee, Willow Evans, who does repair work. Being from middle Tennessee originally myself, I contacted her and she is a delightful person. I just sent it off to get the sleeve and waist cuff replaced.

Also another question, did these jackets have a leather lanyard attached to the zipper pull?

northcoastaero

I believe the 82 indicates the contract date of 1982. The second line is probably the National Stock Number (NSN). The third line is probably the contract number. DLA stands for Defense Logistics Agency. DSA stands for Defense Supply Agency. The first line is probably the Military Specification number? Someone on the forum will probably know the features that make the G-1 flight jacket a MIL-J 7823E AS. I am not an expert on flight jackets. Hope this helps.