Female Constabulary Uniform

cavcon

Had to take some photos so I thought I would post my only Constabulary female uniform. All original with a few moth nips scattered...

.post-20824-0-10020400-1467986840.jpgpost-20824-0-22483400-1467986849.jpgpost-20824-0-90298300-1467986854.jpgpost-20824-0-70605800-1467986859.jpg

I don't have any real information on this uniform. I am thinking she went in after the cut off for the medal in 1945. Possibly late 45 or early 46. I could be wrong but I think that medal was no longer issued after September of 1945.

I don't have any real information on this uniform. I am thinking she went in after the cut off for the medal in 1945. Possibly late 45 or early 46. I could be wrong but I think that medal was no longer issued after September of 1945.

You are correct that it was no longer issued after September 1945. If she went in late 45 or early 46, would she have rated the WWII victory ribbon?

I love the uniform. I am just curious is the only reason why I am asking....Kat

Not a problem. It is actually the only female constab uniform I have ever seen except for photos and the only female uniform I own. Thanks!

manayunkman

When did they stop issuing the Victory medal ?

December 31, 1946.

Very nice uniform.

Looks like you have a ton of them.

coreect on the WWII Victoey medal dates and thank you. Yes I have a good amount of constabulary memorabilia. I have an old post with photos from a few years ago on the FOURM.

Here is a picture of the WAC Detachment in review. Hard to notice in the photo but the WAC's are wearing yellow scarves and not just a tie. I am confident that was just for the review as females did not wear helmet liners and did not pull any actual Constabulary duties. They were clerical staff for the most part as the Constabulary was considered a combat ready force, especially afte the large transition in late 1948.

post-20824-0-23210200-1468084430.jpg

The photo was taken at the Saar Kaserne in Munich Germany when BG Hobart Gay, who was the CG of the 2nd Constabulary Bde, was presenting the DSM to Col. W. Roppe.

Somewhere i have pics of Constabulary WAC's at a horse show and one of the WAC's is competing.

I may have posted the pics on the forum years back.

Great stuff cavcon,as you know i also collect Constabulary stuff but your collection is always mind blowing.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks 124cav. I appreciate your words and please feel free to post those pics if you want. I'd love to see.