No Man Left Behind Episode 1 The Real Black Hawk Down

littlegto

I was really looking forward to this series that premiered on the National Geographic channel last week. I love the movie Black Hawk Down, I have read the book three times and I have read Mike Durant's book twice. I understand that this is a TV show and I REALLY appreciate the first hand experiences of Mike Durant and Rangers Keni Thomas and Randy Ramaglia. With that said, it is clear that there were NO military advisors used in the making of this episode. First of all, why are the Rangers and the actor portraying Mike Durant (who was with the 160th SOAR at the time) wearing full color USAF Air Combat Command patches on their SLEEVES? A patch designed to be worn on the chest of USAF ACC crew members. Also, what is with the full color Ranger tabs worn on both sleeves at the elbows? I think someone from wardrobe raided the local surplus store. I wanted to enjoy the show but there is no excuse for these stupid patches. It would have been better to have no patches at all.

Then there is the flight helmet worn by the actor portraying Mike Durant - a Chinese motorcycle helmet sold on eBay by the thousands, At least someone tried to cover the goofy red star that comes on these junk helmets with an ANVIS NVG mount. The best part is the civilian boom microphone turned around backwards! Then there are the crappy fake AR-15's with carry handles and cheeseball Walmart optics.

I'm sorry but these heroes deserve better. I could have spent an hour with the producers and made this episode a hundred times better. I could have even scrounged a correct HGU-56/P flight helmet.

What a shame ! Just watched it !!! No justice to these brave men ! I don't think I will be watching other episodes poorly done !