Early EX54 gear

37thguy

Those are HUGE ammo pouches. Still using some Lift the Dot fasteners as well.

Good morning,

Yes, this LCE is based on the british experimental equipment of 1950.

Marko

decontrol215

Yes, this LCE is based on the british experimental equipment of 1950.

I was just thinking how remarkably British that kit looks. Awesome stuff.

There were Canadian Army trials of this equipment. I have the trial report, and it may show some further clear images of the equipment. I will check.

There were Canadian Army trials of this equipment. I have the trial report, and it may show some further clear images of the equipment. I will check.

Hi Andrew,

I look forward to this report.

Marko

I found the report - I was mistaken, it was actually the T53-8 equipment that was tested (in August 1953). However, there are enough similarities that it might be still worth posting a few photographs. I will work on it.

Well my new pouch just arrived and I'm pleasantly surprised to have it be the Large pouch. Thought it would be the smaller one but as no dimensions were given in the auction, I just assumed I guess. So the hunt continues for a regular size in the same or better condition.

post-729-0-66599400-1469116263.jpg

post-729-0-33719100-1469116265.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A few weeks ago I promised some photos from a 1953 Canadian Army trial of the experimental US webbing. I am not sure if the equipment in the photos is identical to what 37thguy is searching for, but these might still be of general interest in any case. The report refers to the equipment as T53-8. The trials also included British 1937 pattern, Canadian 1951 pattern, and an experimental British set. The feedback from soldiers regarding the US webbing was generally positive, and it was rated more highly in most respects than the other three sets. (The soldiers shown here are from The Royal Canadian Regiment.)

2a7vd6c.jpg

2mwxuki.jpg

2a68dw6.jpg

Hi,

Thanks to you for these pics.

Andrew, it is possible to have a copy of this reportIs which speaks about T53-8 but also other equipments?

Thank you in advance.

Marko

Hi 37thguy,

It shall seem that the numbers are different. One digit on the small pouch (EX54 x) but two digits on big pouch (EX54 xx). It is correct ?

Marko

Hi,

Thanks to you for these pics.

Andrew, it is possible to have a copy of this reportIs which speaks about T53-8 but also other equipments?

Thank you in advance.

Marko

Hi Marko, the complete original doesn't belong to me, so I am not at liberty to post it online.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Since the last posting here I have been very fortunate to pick up both a pair of suspenders & pistol belt. I can now connect all my gear for display.

I will post pics upon arrival.

Still looking for a compass pouch and shovel cover. Also, still need to find some better small ammo pouches, AND....TWO clips for my butt pack that came w/o any.