Anyone ever seen an A-2 used in the "12 O'Clock High" TV series?

MattS

More photos. The way the Thesis is printed did not show the 35mm photos very well. Also I might add that Allan missed the entire point of my call to him. He claims that my jacket is an authentic A2 which is incorrect. I explained when I called him that my jacket was a reproduction jacket. Maybe he got confused when I told him that the patches and name tape were original. It doesn't make a lot of sense because his call to DeRussy was about the use of a prop jacket in the movie.

Ronnie

post-7752-0-23127500-1468742986.jpeg

post-7752-0-26884300-1468742996.jpeg

post-7752-0-30148800-1468743011.jpeg

Btw Scarecrow I like your 12 O'Clock High Collection. I would really like to have one of those small movie posters to go with my large one. I purchased as a gift a couple of years ago a Toby Mug for a good friend but didn't buy me one. I want one of those too.

Thanks for your comments.

Ronnie

It appears, by the written and photographic evidence, that some jackets were original (or at least USAF supplied), and there were some prop jackets added to the production. Maybe Fullerton supplied a few odd sizes or something like that.

Great thread about a classic movie! Ronnie thanks for the information, great story. And as "they" say we all learn something every day. And Matt thanks for starting this thread!

You bet Scarecrow...you're welcome. Matt I agree. That seems to be the only plausible answer. The govt. simply didn't have enough go go around in some sizes.

I agree this is a cool thread.

Ronnie

Hello Ronnie,

Yes....sold the jacket. I found the fit rather full and the actual details varied from an original A-2.

Will that's great info. Did you sell the jacket?
Anymore info on the Fullerton props. I have found nothing other than a sound stage located in Fullerton.
Thanks.
Ronnie