police luger & other stuff, 3rd armored bring back

brad k

post-195-0-83707700-1467581367.jpg

this is a double date luger, 1918-1920 that was refurbished in the early '30's for pollice use, it;s all matching numbers including the 2 mags, holster and loading tool with the capture papers. I bought it from the vet's son who's father was in the 36th armored inf. 3rd armored div., he said it was found sitting on a chopping block in a woodshed and he thought it must be booby trapped,

post-195-0-26685300-1467582243.jpg

I don't think any of the other items were directly related to the luger, I guess he brought quite alot of stuff home., I forgot I also have about 4 unissued police belt buckles also.

Awesome matching police rig. Would you mind showing more photos of the paperwork? Looks like you have the customs declaration too. Always enjoy studying legitimate examples.

Actually, the other items are related to the Police Luger. The belt buckles are for Police NCOs, as is the cloth insignia. The shoulder boards and swastika collar tabs are for Schuma units which were volunteer Police Regiments formed from locals under German occupation on the Eastern Front. The other items are for municipal and rural police. I bet the flashlights came from a police station as well.

Nice grouping!

Actually, the other items are related to the Police Luger. The belt buckles are for Police NCOs, as is the cloth insignia. The shoulder boards and swastika collar tabs are for Schuma units which were volunteer Police Regiments formed from locals under German occupation on the Eastern Front. The other items are for municipal and rural police. I bet the flashlights came from a police station as well.

Nice grouping!

what I meant was that they were picked up at a differant time than the pistol. I heard about quite alot of stuff he brought back including a complete ss officers uniform, an engraved walther, a bunch of pocket watches some with names & units engraved on them. the son said when his father got home they were up all night looking at all the stuff he brought home.