Task Force Gator brassard - from where?

PATCHRAT

This brassard turned up in one of my local spots (FT Hood area ). No other items with it or info. This looks like something from Afghanistan to me. A souvenir brassard ? Anyone know who / what / when TF Gator was?

thank you

post-1604-0-27724400-1467322017.jpg

I dont have any info but i think its pretty awesome!.....mike

Thanks- The Awesome factor is why I have it - I will eventually figure out what it is for.

Cobra 6 Actual

This brassard turned up in one of my local spots (FT Hood area ). No other items with it or info. This looks like something from Afghanistan to me. A souvenir brassard ? Anyone know who / what / when TF Gator was?

thank you

Also, any idea of the dates of usage of this armband? Thanks!

firefighter

I'd say its a morale one not a daily use one. JMHO

I would agree or possible a going away type souvenir .

At one point there was a TF Gator in Kuwait (part of 377th TSC) that was responsible for preparing and moving coalition forces into and out of Iraq. That would line up somewhat with the plethora of flags on this brassard.

Mentioned here: http://www.kansastag.gov/PR_video_view.asp?PRid=702

After a quick search of the Internet, and multiple versions of TF Gator, I think this was the most likely explanation. Other TF Gator references included the coordination of military units for the relief of New Orleans after Katrina, and I believe an operation in Kosovo. For Kosovo, I think there are too many other nations referenced by the flags (Poland, Japan, Belgium, Ukraine), but then again, maybe not. You'd have to find out if these countries were involved in Kosovo or in the Gulf Wars to narrow it down.

At one point there was a TF Gator in Kuwait (part of 377th TSC) that was responsible for preparing and moving coalition forces into and out of Iraq. That would line up somewhat with the plethora of flags on this brassard.

Mentioned here: http://www.kansastag.gov/PR_video_view.asp?PRid=702

Thanks Vance, Here is an other possible unit (or the same) that I was able to find. Still can't link the Armband to any specific unit.

Headquarters and Headquarters Company Task Force GATOR (WSKNAA)

Service: Army

Theater: Afghanistan

Information valid as of:April 20, 2007

I agree that the armband is probably an End of Tour memento, souvenir, gift etc Not something I would expect to see worn on a daily basis.

GIL - I think I can eliminate any reference to JTF Gator. This armband does not make reference to being JOINT. The flags represent nations involved in ISAF operations. But There are several TF Gators to sift through so far I am leaning toward the one Vance posted or the one listed above.

It may not be a for a unit per se, but rather a coordination team at a higher headquarters. It may have been a put together staff team that worked with the contingents from the various countries shown. That could range from high level planning down to directing traffic at the parking lot for a joint conference.

What ever it is, it sure is colorful and unique.

I pulled some interesting things out of Fort Hood when I was living Dallas, but very few of them were like that. (Oddly, for the two years that I was stationed at Fort Hood I didn't collect a bit of militaria... just military grade firearms from the local shows!)