WW2 USMC Marine Corps grenade vest DQP

Pbaczuk

'Flage Guy

Couldn't find any stamps on the '44; this tag was my only tip-off...

post-3226-0-10985900-1467474853.jpeg

'Flage Guy

The '41 Vest is well stamped, but the last numbers of the latter date didn't quite hit.

post-3226-0-61292900-1467480174.jpeg

Here is the "Holy Grail" gents;

I discovered today a friend of mine has bundles of these with the original packaging slip. Here is a bundle of 5. I took images of the cutter tag and the packing slip. This explains why the are typically looking new, they were rarely issued to anyone. 1944 dated. I am working on getting a bundle of 5 anda photocopy of the slip since there is only one original and he wants to keep it. ENJOY !!!!!

post-162927-0-61435800-1467498994.jpg

post-162927-0-57083200-1467499009.jpg

milsurp_scout_14

Thanks for all the info. I think I'll go snag the one I saw. Ohhh to find bundles of that stuff in the wild! Cool find!

milsurp_scout_14

Well, I think I goofed on this one...I ran out to acquire the vest I spoke about in my question. Bought it. Then realized...it's missing the lower 5 pockets! It was folded over, and I'd forgotten from my initial inspection months ago that it only had 6 pockets. It is genuine, inside of snaps are marked "Carr Pat 1913 (maybe just 13, couldn't make it all out)", big strap and small side straps are there...but it looks like someone must have cut the bottom row off. I suppose it can be a generic 'ammo belt' or something until I find a whole one.

post-153911-0-80197100-1467777594.jpg

Schnicklfritz

Well, I think I goofed on this one...I ran out to acquire the vest I spoke about in my question. Bought it. Then realized...it's missing the lower 5 pockets! It was folded over, and I'd forgotten from my initial inspection months ago that it only had 6 pockets. It is genuine, inside of snaps are marked "Carr Pat 1913 (maybe just 13, couldn't make it all out)", big strap and small side straps are there...but it looks like someone must have cut the bottom row off. I suppose it can be a generic 'ammo belt' or something until I find a whole one.

I just picked this one off of Ebay that is cut down. According to the seller, It is suppose to be from a 4th Div vet who told him it cut down because there weren't enough to go around, so they made 2 out of one. I don't recall many of these in photos... then again, I have never really looked for them.

post-115-0-53351300-1468175311.jpg

milsurp_scout_14

Well it's good to know that it was possibly a practice. Who knows, I may find a bottom half like yours someday!