USAF officer who was the PA on the Presidential Medical Team for President Reagan and Vice President Bush

airborne1968

airborne1968

I recently picked up this grouping in NC. It came direct from the spouse and is for a USAF officer who was the PA on the Presidential Medical Team for President Reagan and Vice President Bush. His service began in the 1950s and ended in the 1990s! He is a Vietnam vet who earned a BSM and was a member of the medical team recovery team during the Gemini Space program as well. The group is very interested, complete, and includes: his entire enlisted 201 file, all of his PCS and award orders and certificates, several uniforms, complete ribbon rack, Presidential Service Badge and orders, Space program certificates, Executive trip planning docs and participation certificates, photos, White House gifts, Air Force One memorabilia, insignia, and MORE!! I'm going to need some more Ryker boards to display this amazing grouping.

post-4228-0-74511700-1467174400.jpg

airborne1968

Gifts of the White House. NOTE: The gold medallion/coin in the blue case is from President Reagan (40th Pres) and is #201 of only 250 issued! I have tried to find more information about this item so would appreciate any help.

post-4228-0-06297800-1467174925.jpg

airborne1968

Vietnam era flight suit in OD and Blue one in the back.

I am still working with the family to see if we can obtain his older fatigues with non-subdued insignia and the actual full size medals.

post-4228-0-40401900-1467175476.jpg

airborne1968

His grouping also included the laminated named boarding passes for Air Force One, about a dozen letters from the White House to his civilian residence, and planning and operational documents relating to several of the presidential trips. He was part of the planning for the Gulf War Victory Parade and kept the entire planning order for that event. He was quite a pack rat when it came to his papers, school docs, orders, and evaluations.

Some of the interesting WH gift items have good value and are collectible outside the military aspect of the grouping.

Can anyone tell me more about the large gold/bronze presidential coin/medallion with the eagle on it?

Very nice. We have a family friend that has all sorts of WH/AF1 stuff at their home. China, silverware, linens, you name it.

Of course, it was all stolen from supply......

ItemCo16527

This has to be one of the top two or three groupings I've ever seen. Absolutely mind-blowing! As someone who grew up obsessed with the space program, I have to say the Project Gemini Launch Site Recover Team license plate is my favorite piece (the other stuff is beyond amazing, don't get me wrong lol). I could only dream of having a grouping like this. Congratulations!

airborne1968

Looking at his participation certificates it appears Gwinn was part of Gemini 7, 9a, 11, and 12! Although he was assigned to the unit I'm not sure if he participated on any of the other numbered missions (ie. 8, 10).