Color of SOE/OSS Jump Helmets, Boots, & Gauntlets?

GI GENE

What color were the foam jump helmets that SOE and OSS agents wore when they parachuted into enemy territory? In the movie Charlotte Grey, they are green, but is that accurate? They also wore canvas overboots and gauntlets. Were they brown, or a different color entirely?

post-3754-1221459892.jpg

post-3754-1221459943.jpg

• 13 years later...

I know, this is a very old thread, but I just came across it.  Just in case anyone asks this same question in the future, I want to post some reference material.

There were two different helmets worn by the SOE & OSS.  The one you show above is the "Sorbo" helmet.  It was made of a black or dark grey soft rubber called Sorbo. 

The helmet Johan is referring to was the camouflaged jump helmet that attached to the rear collar of the camouflaged "striptease" jumpsuit.  It was Sorbo inside, but covered with camouflage material on the exterior. 

Both helmets are extremely rare.  The camouflage version shows up every now and then, but I only know of a couple Sorbo helmets in European collections.  Here is a picture of the camouflage version from the prosty zolnierz collection that I found on the web.

Helmet Jumpsuit Striptease (7) prosty zolnierz collection.jpg