Aerial Nurse Corps & WWII WAC Group - Part II - More Items

HistoryNut

Well, I got a third call from the seller of these items. I went over today and was pleasantly surprised to see another ANCOA identification card. This one had her name...the ANCOA uniform and WAC uniforms belonged to the same woman. This ID card shows her as a member of the Aerial Nurse Corps, Los Angeles County, California, Sheriff's Aero Squadron, Glendale, California. It is actually hand signed by Lauretta M. Schiimmoler, the founder of The Aerial Nurse Corps of America.

There were also many letters sent and received by her during her service in the WAC. However, there were no hints about what her MOS was. However, addresses show her a member of Company 17, 3rd Regiment, Fort Des Moines, Iowa for training; WAC Detachment, 1913th SCU: ASF, Camp White, Oregon and the 78th WAC Hospital Company, Birmingham General Hospital, Van Nuys, California.

Many of the letters were to her sweetheart and future husband. I also purchased his WWII uniform.

I will post a couple of the original photos I posted in my first posting and then those of some of the items I received today.

Thanks again for your views and comments.

post-13256-0-44403900-1467154948.jpeg

Very cool stuff! I really like the card that is signed by Schimmoler. The Sheriff's Aero Squadron is also mentioned in the book "Beyond the Call of Duty":

"In the late 1930's, the Los Angeles Sheriff's Aero Squadron recognized ANCOA as a voluntary auxiliary unit for emergency and disaster work."