TYPE A6 PORTABLE OXYGEN CYLINDER AND SLING

littlebuddy

littlebuddy

Does anyone have any information/pictures etc of this particular item ? any help would be great

Thanks

LB

Jumpin Jack

Back again! I didn't find anything on the A-6, but I have some specifics on the A-4 if that will help. I can only assume that the A-6 is a larger bottle for a greater capacity of oxygen. The A-4 is serviced by the A-13 oxygen regulator that that allows the bottle to be refilled directly from the aircraft oxygen system. Sorry I couldn't be more specific. Jack

littlebuddy

Thanks for trying to help Jack ! much appreciated , i do know that the A6 was smaller than than the type D2 . The A6 had a capacity of 4.6 litres (280 cubic inches )where as the D2 had 200 litres

I havnt got a Type A4 yet !!

Good to hear from you again my friend !!

Carl

• 2 months later...

Hi, Just noticed this topic. I happen to have an A-6 bottle and sling ( but it's buried right now ). It's a cylinder shaped like the D-2 but about 1/3 the size. It has a valve on top like a propane tank w/ a rubber cover over the knob. Almost like the Navy walk around bottle. They were used w/ the early A-7 & A-8 high pressure oxygen system. Mine has an A-15 diluter demand reg on it but I don't think that would be the correct one for a high pressure system. The sling is , again, a smaller version of the D-2. Mine is kaki and marked 41J9674. Be away for 2 weeks but will try to find it when we get back. -- Breezy

Hi, Just noticed this topic. I happen to have an A-6 bottle and sling ( but it's buried right now ). It's a cylinder shaped like the D-2 but about 1/3 the size. It has a valve on top like a propane tank w/ a rubber cover over the knob. Almost like the Navy walk around bottle. They were used w/ the early A-7 & A-8 high pressure oxygen system. Mine has an A-15 diluter demand reg on it but I don't think that would be the correct one for a high pressure system. The sling is , again, a smaller version of the D-2. Mine is kaki and marked 41J9674. Be away for 2 weeks but will try to find it when we get back. -- Breezy

Thanks Breezy !! Looking forward to comparing my A6 with yours !!

LB

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, LB , I'm back and dug out my oxygen stuff. I got mixed up. The high pressure bottle I was talking about is actually the A-2. However,I do have both that one and the A-6 ( which is a low pressure system ) and will get some pix out this week. -- Breezy

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have any information/pictures etc...

Air Forces Manual No. 35, Notes on the Use of Oxygen Equipment for Air Crews, with Special Reference to the B-17, B-24, B-25 and B-26. War Department, Headquarters Army Air Forces, August 1944

post-75-0-76928800-1517657514_thumb.jpg