My West Point visit

kammo-man

Last year I was in Canada and had to go to NYC to get camouflage fabric printed for the movie Suicide Squad.

I drove from Toronto to spend 2 days at the factory to get the colors and pattern correct and to transport the 1000yards back to have it manufactured.

When my work mate and I got to the factory after a 10 hour drive they were not ready to start our production run for 8 hours.

What to do, what to do ?!!!

Well we were on the right side of NYC so we set off for West Point as its only a few hours away.

It's a great drive up state for anyone wanting to make the trip.Posted Image

one of these days, when I take the kids on a east coast US history lesson roadtrip, this is def one of the stops.

Posted Image

I could not get a decent shot of the weapon at all but here's the stock.

It's really nice and painted completely in this manner.

I forget the history on this piece

Posted Image

I didn't get to see the oil painting of the SS officer wearing a camouflage smock and helmet cover which is what was on my list but it's a wonderful place.

It's a military teaching tool and not a regular museum so there are lots of repo rev war uniforms in a time line etc.

West Point peace out !!

Owen

Wow! I was last there for the July 4, 1976 bicentennial, kind of my high school graduation celebration. That was a great trip. The museum is amazing, and West Point itself was well worth the visit. If I remember correctly, also in the general area are FDRs home Hyde Park, the Vanderbilt Mansion and the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome with great displays of WWI aircraft. All worth the time if you are in the area. Thanks for the time trip!

Mikie

manayunkman

All my brothers in law graduated from USMA.

Their father (82nd A/B), grandfather (WW2 OSS) and other grandfather (WW1 SS, WW2 SS and one star general) graduated from there as well.

My little sister got married at the Thayer chapel in 1988.

I've been there at least 6 times and love that museum.

Thanks for the great pictures and the anticipatory lead in.

normaninvasion

5ad114a68d4d9aff18d3dc60b2cc0d1a.jpg

A famous battle from folk art Indian style

Any more info about this LBH painting?Looks like it was done on tent canvas? thx jeff