Can anyone help ID this patch?

ttuck615

I was given a large grouping of patches from my grandfather as when he was a teenager to young for WW2 he collected the patches his neighbors and servicemen from his town gave to him when they got home. Ive been able to identify quite a few of them, but haven't been able to find anything on this particular patch, it's distinctly thicker than the rest of the lot and seems almost like the out layer is made of wool or some thicker material. Any information would be much appreciated! Thanks - Trevor

post-159808-0-29785400-1466230847.jpeg

warcollect1942

That is 503rd Airborne INF. REGT. on wool. Very nice patch.

The back looks like Gemsco embroidery.

Interesting! Thanks so much guys, is there any reason this particular patch is desirable? Again I don't collect patches just have these

firefighter

Interesting! Thanks so much guys, is there any reason this particular patch is desirable? Again I don't collect patches just have these

Original WW2 era Parachute Infantry units are scarce.

Its very desirable and in that condition worth 6-7 hundred dollars.In brand new shape 8-9 hundred its 503rd Parachute Infantry classic.Scotty

Thanks everybody, I've owned it since my granddad gave them to me when I was around 9 years old. Prior to that they sat in an airlock tin for roughly 50 years. Now from what I have been able to find, is this particular patch an early war 503rd? Again I'm not knowledgable on insignias or really the unit.

Thanks everybody, I've owned it since my granddad gave them to me when I was around 9 years old. Prior to that they sat in an airlock tin for roughly 50 years. Now from what I have been able to find, is this particular patch an early war 503rd? Again I'm not knowledgable on insignias or really the unit.

Your patch is a Disney design for the regiment and was created in 1942. So yes, it's an early war 503rd.

That's incredible. On my most recent visit to Disney I bought a book in Hollysood Studios called "Disney During World War II" and had a lot of great designs they did in there but never saw this one.

Again, thanks for all the info and helping a new guy out.

That's incredible. On my most recent visit to Disney I bought a book in Hollysood Studios called "Disney During World War II" and had a lot of great designs they did in there but never saw this one.

Again, thanks for all the info and helping a new guy out.

I think its shown in the Book:Disney Dons Dogtags.the book is out of print but it can be found.

Here is a section of the bok.

I see there is a down laodable book avaiable too.

51OS0bxJeQL.jpg

Thanks doyler! I'll be sure to look around for a solid copy, not a big fan of downloadable books but it's a good fall back if I can't find an orginal. Maybe my fiancé will actually be interested in my "old war stuff" now that I know it has a relation to Disney. Haha

Your very welcome.

I have a hard copy.Got it from a whole sale book seller years ago.

Probably some on Amazon or other sites.Just didnt take a look.