What is it? Japanese Rocket?

Collector5516

Collector5516

A friend of mine recently purchased a grouping that belonged to an Army Air Force mechanic that served in the Pacific during WWII. He had many photos including the one below. Any idea what this shows?

post-11143-0-74027900-1466210119.jpg

Interesting photo! Judging by the person's shadow, the craft looks fairly small. Nonetheless, it appears to be powered by some type of pulsejet engine, and looks a bit like a miniature German V1.

It's a vintage RC plane equipped with a Pulse engine. They were made in japan in the 50's originally then more manufacturers made them. h

post-65446-0-21466800-1466423787.jpg

Collector5516

Thank you to everyone who has weighed in so far. Interesting that it could be an RC plane!

I just realized that the shadow in the photo is that of a man standing close by! That certainly clears up the scale and size of this model aircraft.

Manchu Warrior

I'm guessing probably a prototype or scale down model of the Ohka kamikaze rocket?

This photo is in a lot that I own. And I would like to know if this is the kamikaze rocket?

post-1412-0-57873000-1466444824.jpg

This photo is in a lot that I own. And I would like to know if this is the kamikaze rocket?

attachicon.gif Japanese bomb.JPG

Yup, note the cherry blossom on the fuselage as well. Ohka in Japanese translates to cherry blossom and these as well are a symbol of Japan

It was nicknamed Baka by US servicemen which means stupid or idiot in Japanese

I just realized that the shadow in the photo is that of a man standing close by! That certainly clears up the scale and size of this model aircraft.

The shadow gives it away but look at the landing gear a balloon tire on a wire strut certainly not a full scale.