Can you guess what I was going after in this shoe lot from an auction? But there is also a surprise.

I went to an auction a few weeks ago and there were about five shelf lots of shoes. I wasn't sure how they were going to go about selling them. And sometimes, as I 'm sure many of you already realize, auctioneers can be rather unpredictable when it comes to how they are going to sell something. The other shelf lots of shoes had what looked to be very expensive Italian leather shoes and I was hoping they wouldn't do choice of shelf or even worse individual pairs of shoes. In the end I was rather happy when they sold them one shelf lot at a time. What you in see in the photo was on the top shelf and I paid a whole $5.00 for the lot. Now, can you guess what I was after? Would you believe me if I told you I was going after those funky looking sock slippers?

With that said, I have come to the realization that I am somewhat obsessive. Therefore, I figured if I paid for the shelf lot I should take them all, to include the funky looking sock slippers. As far as the surprise I was somewhat surprised when I looked over my collection of shoes that the nice vintage galoshes may in fact be US Military issued. I apologize for the photo of the bottom of the galosh. I simply hadn't noticed the brontosaurs that had cast his shadow as he casually strolled on by. So, what do you think are the galoshes military issued? By the way if you hadn't already figured it out I was after the nice 1943 dated double buckle boots.

post-1412-0-81649800-1465929354.jpg

In memory of.....
SSG Jarred S Fontenot US Army KIA Baghdad, Iraq 10-18-07 RIP my friend-Charlie Three Three Delta Out

donation2008.gif
donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

wwii boots 004.JPG wwii boots 005.JPG

Any guess what era they may be from?

Im guessing they are 50s era .are by the US rubber company?...

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

I had a pair of golashes from a 1972 Nat'l Guard issue. Stayed in the bottom of my duffle bag 'till I threw them out about 20 years later. Same as WWII issue but I think they had an extra buckle.

"They'd rather be alive than free; poor dumb bastards."

Im guessing they are 50s era .are by the US rubber company?...

I see no manufacturer on the galoshes.

In memory of.....
SSG Jarred S Fontenot US Army KIA Baghdad, Iraq 10-18-07 RIP my friend-Charlie Three Three Delta Out

donation2008.gif
donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif