Can anyone tell me more about this piece - Bell 2in Air Gunner

Gerradtgrant

Gerradtgrant

Posted Image

If you need more pictures please ask. I would like to know more about this piece.

Thank you

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

crotalus358

Size of the wing, as well as any markings on the reverse are important. Van you post a pic of the back?

Gerradtgrant

Size of the wing, as well as any markings on the reverse are important. Van you post a pic of the back?

Posted Image

All it says is sterling on the back. Sorry for the poor quality.

Gerradtgrant

Thanks for all your help. You are all spot on. They discontinued wearing the medal in the 50's. Does this make it less or more desirable in the wing market? Sorry guys I am new to this.

Thanks for all your help. You are all spot on. They discontinued wearing the medal in the 50's. Does this make it less or more desirable in the wing market? Sorry guys I am new to this.

Unless it's something rare or unusual it's typically more desirable if it's WW2 vintage....Bodes

5thwingmarty

Bell wings are my favorites, but their gunner wings are also some of the most common. The 2" Bell aerial gunner wings are typically worth $30-40 if in good shape and with an intact roller catch. Even though they are pretty common, for some reason they are a wing that is being copied and sold by JoeW in Fortville, IN but his copies look to have very different pins than the originals.

Marty

Gerradtgrant

Bell wings are my favorites, but their gunner wings are also some of the most common.  The 2" Bell aerial gunner wings are typically worth $30-40 if in good shape and with an intact roller catch.  Even though they are pretty common, for some reason they are a wing that is being copied and sold by JoeW in Fortville, IN but his copies look to have very different pins than the originals.

Marty

Thanks Marty that is what I needed to know. I am learning as I go with the research I can do online. Wings are hard to research with no basis to go by. It has been a blessing to find this forum.

Gerradtgrant

Bell wings are my favorites, but their gunner wings are also some of the most common.  The 2" Bell aerial gunner wings are typically worth $30-40 if in good shape and with an intact roller catch.  Even though they are pretty common, for some reason they are a wing that is being copied and sold by JoeW in Fortville, IN but his copies look to have very different pins than the originals.

Marty

Thank you Marty that's the information I needed. I am learning as I go. I'm doing research online but you can only do so much on wings with no basis to go by. Finding this form has been a blessing!