Unknown Naval Wing - Geodetic Survey

Aussie-Wings

Hi Guys,

Need some help with the identification of this wing. Obviously naval, was sold as CAP naval wing, but the issue I have with that is; 1) CAP not naval (please corect if I'm wrong), 2) centre disc does not have the 3 bladed prop that other CAP wings have. It is hallmarked KREW and is 2.75 inches in length. It is a nice, unusual looking wing (that's why I bought it). Need your expert opinion on this one.

post-4136-1221346329.jpg

Cheers,

AW

US Coast and Geodetic Survey, which has been rolled into National oceanic and Atmospheric Adminsitration (NOAA) since ? late 1960s? Cannot guess the vintage of thsi one, or if the same style is still used (by NOAA).

Hi Guys,

Need some help with the identification of this wing. Obviously naval, was sold as CAP naval wing, but the issue I have with that is; 1) CAP not naval (please corect if I'm wrong), 2) centre disc does not have the 3 bladed prop that other CAP wings have. It is hallmarked KREW and is 2.75 inches in length. It is a nice, unusual looking wing (that's why I bought it). Need your expert opinion on this one.

post-4136-1221346329.jpg

Cheers,

AW

You are right... there is no such thing as Naval Civil Air Patrol. And yes, it is a NOAA wing, (right pretty one at that... wish I had one).

Sorry Lee,

Only one I have (or seen). Thanks for the confirmation on the type. It is a nice looking wing. I have some other "mystery wings" I will post for identifcation.

Cheers,

AW.

You are right... there is no such thing as Naval Civil Air Patrol. And yes, it is a NOAA wing, (right pretty one at that... wish I had one).