New Deal WPA banners?

Thor996

Apologies and please remove if these are not appropriate to the forum. I just just got these- and I figured a lot of people here are pretty knowledgeable about the CCC so I was HOPING that someone here might know just a little bit [or a lot hopefully] about the WPA and its organization. I have read in some places that they [participants] were marshaled in the CCC like a paramilitary organization and that the WPA may have similarly been set up. ANY information would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

Dave

post-30395-0-88278400-1465698301.jpg

I have not seen anything like that before but those certainly are very cool!

My first thought was an armband, rather than a banner, but the years would be obscured.

They look to be all from the same "A 7" branch/camp/district.

Thank you! I agree - that makes sense. I have never seen anything like them either and my antique junkie side said BUY NOW! FAST- fast rule: if its not on ebay in great numbers: must be either hard to find or relatively rare....

in case anybody else can assist or is interested: got this message from the seller:

Thanks for your message. The arm bands are very cool. What some down here would call "way cool". I was in hopes that you could tell me more about the arm bands. I got them at moving sale. The man who's last name was G****m said they were his father's, and that he was was an engineer for the city of Washington DC. I believe he said the were from WPA which would fit with the father being a staff member and being an engineer. I think there is some significance to the letter "A" and the number "7", perhaps some organizational division.

• 4 years later...

There was a Work Progress Administration- War Services Section that used a broad arrowhead superimposed over an eagle as part of their iconography. 

• 3 months later...