Czech Legion in Russia, armored train

Backtheattack

Backtheattack

Read last month a lot about the AEF Siberia and their mission. A little notice in our local newspaper brought this theme back in mind. Today I was able to visit a "rolling museum" at the train station at As/Czech Republik. A czech museum group own a train with 12 waggon, build after an original armored train used by the Czech Legion in Russia on their way to the US Forces. This train includes an armored waggon with machine guns and howitzer, a field hospital, waggon with armored wheeled vehicle, command waggon and crews waggons.

post-104851-0-57181000-1465646849.jpg

armored waggon, steel with stones behind, machine guns and howitzer

post-104851-0-43673400-1465646893.jpg

right section of this waggon

Backtheattack

post-104851-0-23536500-1465665536.jpg

inside the crew waggon. A member of the czech reenactment group explains this waggon. On the right a Chauchat machinegun

Patchcollector

Thanks for the additional photos.That is a superb exhibit.Love all the weapon systems.The Armored Car is so very cool.

Backtheattack

That`s why this train is so interesting. A train with 12 waggons who travel through the Czech Republik as a rolling museum is rare. Some museums have one or two waggons, but I think this museums train is the only one in Europe. Found an Osprey book dealing with the Czech Legion today.

Patchcollector

It`s in running condition. The train is a lot of money on wheels, so much details.

It's a top notch display,very high quality and as you stated,alot of money there.

Really fascinating info,thanks for the links.

Backtheattack

Noticed years ago a little book about uniforms, patches and equipment of the AEF in Siberia, but couldn`t found it in the net. Anyone know this? Pics where black/white only. Patchcollector, seems this group has a lot of friends who give them money, on their flyer 20 firms and organisations who gave money. This is a thing I never saw in Germany, here they will lay you stones in your way if you want do the same. But czech people are proud of this. Some pics of the medical items there:

post-104851-0-08025900-1466064023.jpg

Backtheattack

post-104851-0-05362500-1466064055.jpg

Sorry for this way posting pics, I`m still working on understanding Windows10 and it`s picture apps.