Old school? Coast & Geodetic Survey

GoUSMC1983

Im gonna be a bit ignorant on this, but, my buddy found this and thought it was Corps, i personally, and in four generations of usmc, have NEVER seen a double anchor before.

Does anyone have any idea what this is. My best educated guess is merchant marines, or possibly naval academy midshimen?

Any thoughts?

post-110554-0-49879800-1465615680.jpg

So is that a division of coast guard? NOA? Any idea what its worth, or approximately what year?

Cobra 6 Actual

So is that a division of coast guard? NOA? Any idea what its worth, or approximately what year?

Correct: The C&GS is now NOAA (as of 1970).

• 2 weeks later...

This is not a sub-division of the Coast Guard. Completely different services under completely different governmental departments.

• 1 year later...

Looking for some help on this patch. I'm currently a NOAA officer and this one peaked my interest for obvious reasons, but there are enough differences between this and the officer badge to make me wonder. Does anyone know the age or, more importantly what uniform this would have been worn on. There's nothing similar on modern whites and I haven't been able to find a photo like it on any older versions of whites.

Thanks all.

post-84694-0-06422000-1517856352_thumb.jpg