Geislingen 1946 Occupation Bracelet

I wasn't sure where this fits in, so I decided to post it here. I just wanted to share this soldier's occupation bracelet. It has the coat of arms of Geislingen on it and says 1946 Germany. This type of bracelet seems to have been quite popular as a souvenir during the post war years in Germany because a number of different ones exist, usually with a unit coat of arms and unit designation on them. So far, this is the only one I've seen with a city coat of arms on it. I don't know which unit was stationed in Geislingen in 1946 either.

post-152976-0-66781100-1465570799.jpg

This is super cool! Thanks for sharing! My GGUncle served during the German occupation from 1946 - 48. I should see if there was one for where he was in Kassel.

• 9 months later...

Just got this one. Occupation bracelet for the city of Regensburg. There were a number of US Kasernes in this city throughout the Cold War.

post-152976-0-57885600-1490904555_thumb.jpg

Proud Kraut

I wasn't sure where this fits in, so I decided to post it here. I just wanted to share this soldier's occupation bracelet. It has the coat of arms of Geislingen on it and says 1946 Germany. This type of bracelet seems to have been quite popular as a souvenir during the post war years in Germany because a number of different ones exist, usually with a unit coat of arms and unit designation on them. So far, this is the only one I've seen with a city coat of arms on it. I don't know which unit was stationed in Geislingen in 1946 either.

attachicon.giftags 005 (Small).JPG

A US radar unit was located at Geislingen until the late 1950's.