WWII Studio Portrait, Marine wearing Helmet w/Camo cover

lakenormanusa

lakenormanusa

8x10 WWII era studio portait of a Marine wearing HBT shirt and helmet with camo cover.

post-125711-0-16369500-1465493399.jpg

Eric Queen

That is a great photo Rick. In my experience, WW2 studio portraits of Marines wearing covers are very hard to find. It was common place later but not during WW2.

Here is the only one I have. Ralph Kavanagh. Dated 1945 on the reverse. Neat that he is wearing the camo jacket also.

post-3953-0-11896600-1423911897.jpg

lakenormanusa

That is a great photo Rick. In my experience, WW2 studio portraits of Marines wearing covers are very hard to find. It was common place later but not during WW2.

Here is the only one I have. Ralph Kavanagh. Dated 1945 on the reverse. Neat that he is wearing the camo jacket also.

Very nice set of photos Eric!

• 1 year later...

post-34986-0-47434600-1518231240.jpg

Here's an interesting one, this is one of Pfc John Calvin Elzy, III. Elzy was a commo man in the 3rd Battalion 12th Marines (Artillery), 3rd Marine Division, when he was Killed in Action in November 1965. His service time is a year, so this portrait, an AIT portrait would haven taken some time in early 1965. Note at this late date the wear of the OD HBT P44 utility shirt, as well as the frog skin camo cover w/ old style EGA stencil, a cover largely superseded by 1964-65 by the leaf pattern.