D-DAY COMPANY COMMANDER 1st Division , 26th Infantry

KASTAUFFER

BigJohn#3RD

Kurt,

Outstanding group and fantastic tribute to the man who earned these awards for his combat leadership and bravery. Thank you for sharing.

John

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
KASTAUFFER

With the 75th Anniversary of the D-DAY landings coming up, I thought it was a good time to resurrect this thread.

gijoeonthego

I am not a collector. I have a question. Please don't hurt me. The Silver Star box side has the 1932 contract on it. By the time he was awarded the SS I thought that stock would have all used for WWI Vets.

KASTAUFFER

I am not a collector. I have a question. Please don't hurt me. The Silver Star box side has the 1932 contract on it. By the time he was awarded the SS I thought that stock would have all used for WWI Vets.

50k medals were made in the 1932 BBB contract. Only @ 10k had been awarded by 1941. The rest were awarded during WWII,

Kurt

Great, great group. I used to own the B/26th CO's Ike - he was similarly decorated. The 16th gets a lot of (rightful) credit but the 18th and 26th had their share of heroes, too. I think all of his BSMs were post-WWII awards.

Kyle

• 1 year later...