Navy Corpsman- Japanese Navy Pilot Flight Suit & Photo

MattStone

Hi again,

This is more stuff i have aqquired from the grouping of Walter W Wolery, A WWII US Navy Corpsman that served In the PTO.

There is a Navy flight suit, and inside the pocket was a water-stained flag and the photo.

I cannot confirm that the jacket is from the photo. BUT there is a thread holes in the same place where the flag was, that can be sen in the photo.

Very excited that i have been able to get more items from this man's service. However, I hope i can find more of HIS stuff..

CfGza4F.jpg

Hello Matt,

In an earlier post you mentioned that the vet was alive.

Were you able to interview him and find out the story behind the relics?

muddyboots

My first job was working a Goodwill donation trailer and a old man had what he said was a Japanese flight suit and it looked just like this one. I wish I would have snagged it now! Very Very Nice! Congratulations.

Hello Matt,

In an earlier post you mentioned that the vet was alive.

Were you able to interview him and find out the story behind the relics?

I have still been in contact with his daughter. he's in a nursing home after 3 brain surgeries..and she says he does not like talking about this war...I'm just trying to figure out how i can ask more questions..I would really like to meet him. I'm in MN and he is in Ohio.

Thoughts? I am trying to not mean any disrespect to his family, or annoy them.

Probably wrong, but my first thought when I saw the photo was of one of the Japanese pilots they pulled out of the wreckage of his aircraft at Pearl Harbor, just looks very familiar

Brad