An Honor and Privilege WW1 DSC

Fritz

Very beautiful and complete group! Congratulations on becoming the caretaker of his medals and his memory! Bobgee

The Army awarded 6,428 DSCs in WWI. (BTW that is fewer than were awarded in WWI, likely because at that time there were no other lesser medals for valor.)

Brian Dentino

What a real gem of a grouping there Fritz! That DSC is the nicest example that I have ever seen.....that case alone is amazing and the paperwork really ties it all up in one SWEET package. Congrats on being the caretaker of such a group!

The Army awarded 6,428 DSCs in WWI. (BTW that is fewer than were awarded in WWI, likely because at that time there were no other lesser medals for valor.)

(I must have been tired when I wrote this.) Total awarded in WWI was 6,428. There were fewer (4,427) DSCs awarded in WWII because other valor awards had been created.

Thanks Brian!

12A54, LOL, I know the feeling, need that 3rd cup of joe to get the mind working in the AM myself

Fritz

• 3 years later...
greatwarimages

I have a studio photo of a 32nd enlisted man with his DSC and Croix de Guerre. I had been doing some research to determine the identity of the soldier. The name I came up with was Joseph A. Chayie based on the Calumet, Mich. embossed on the photo. I stumbled across you group Super.